Testosterone SuspensionDescription of Testosterone Suspension
Testosterone suspension is a drug used in the androgen replacement therapy in males with confirmed low testosterone levels. It is a drug that belongs to the androgen class of drugs. In comparison with other testosterone medications it does not have an ester attached which makes it a clean version of the testosterone hormone. It comes in form of injectable solution in a water base of 100mg and contains 100mg of the steroid. This is the reason it is considered one of the most potent forms of testosterone available. It means that muscular mass and strength can be obtained quicker with testosterone suspension than with other testosterone forms. Also, in comparison with other forms, once administered, the hormone is effective immediately. The testosterone levels increase for a period of 2-3 days after injection, which means that it needs to be injected daily. In order to get prescription of testosterone suspension it is important to make the necessary blood tests in order to confirm the low testosterone levels. The symptoms of decreased hormone level are the following: insufficient immune system function, decreased libido, depression, decreased sexual desire, decreases in strength and muscle tissue and increases in body-fat. Consult a doctor and get prescription of the right dosage of testosterone suspension considering the severity of hormone deficiency. Follow exactly all the indications of use and dosage, and if it is necessary, make necessary laboratory studies in order to control cholesterol levels and other indicators.
How to use Testosterone Suspension?
As already mentioned above, the drug comes in form of injectable solution or so called water based steroid. In order to get the prescription of the right quantity and dosage of the drug to the desired therapeutic results it is important to consult a doctor. As the drug needs to be injected daily, the dose may vary between 350-1000mg per week, which means a daily dose of 50-140mg. As reported by most of the users, testosterone suspension is a painful injection. It is recommended to inject the drug in the same spot only once per week at most. In order to release the pain, it is indicated to combine testosterone suspension with another steroid, such as B-12. It is possible to mix a water based steroid with an oil based steroid in the same syringe. If you are injecting the solution by yourself, notice, it is important to shake well the vial in order to not settle testosterone to the bottom of it.
Side effects of Testosterone Suspension
Like all androgens, testosterone suspension may cause side effects. The side effects users may experience with testosterone suspension are quite similar with the ones caused by other testosterone forms. It is considered that it may suppress the natural production of the hormone by the body due to the purest form of it injected daily. Also, it has a high level of aromatization into estrogen that increases the incidence of gynecomastia, high water retention, severe bloat and adipose storage.
Testosterone suspension should not be used in women as it generally causes appearance of male features. Also, women are more prone to the virilization effects such as hoarseness of the voice, enlargement of clitoris, irregular menstrual periods, male pattern baldness and others.
Possible side effects of testosterone suspension are considered the following:
- Decreased or increased sexual interest;
- Frequent and prolonged erections. If such adverse event occurs, consult a doctor and discontinue with the drug in order to avoid pain and damage to the penis.
- Increased blood pressure (hypertension);
- Aggressive behavior and others.
Important facts about Testosterone Suspension
- In comparison with other testosterone medications it does not have an attached ester as most of testosterone forms do. Also, in comparison with other testosterone forms it keeps testosterone levels even for a period of 2-3 days which forces the user to inject the drug daily.
- It considerably raises the storing of glycogen in the muscle cells and due to the fact that it is dissolved in water it becomes effective immediately.
- Testosterone suspension is considered one of the most powerful androgen in increasing muscular mass and strength due to the fact that it contains a high amount of pure testosterone.
- The results from hormone replacement therapy with testosterone suspension are satisfactory. It helps increasing the muscular mass and strength and improving the testosterone levels. It also increases the levels of IGF-1 (another anabolic hormone) in muscle tissue. Some benefits reported by the users are the changes in shape and size of the muscle fibers.
- The androgenic/anabolic effect of the testosterone suspension depends on the administered dose. If taking into account the fact that testosterone suspension has to be taken daily, it is important to control the doses you take.
- In order to obtain the desired therapeutic results, testosterone suspension has to be administered for a period of at least 6 weeks.
- Testosterone suspension may be used alone or in combination with other steroids.
- By its nature, testosterone suspension has the same mechanism of action as all testosterone medications.
- Testosterone suspension should not be used in women, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. If the use of it is necessary for strict therapeutic purposes, it is recommended to use the lowest effective doses in order to avoid any side effects.
- It is recommended to store testosterone suspension in a clean and dry place at the room temperature below 30 degrees.
- Do not store the drug in the kitchen or in the bathroom near sink in order to avoid moisture.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight and heat in order to protect it from deterioration.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
- Safely discard the product by following the exact instructions of a pharmacist or physician.