MethandrostenoloneWhat is methandrostenolone?
Methandrostenolone is an anabolic steroid. It is considered a strong steroid with high androgenic qualities. Methandrostenolone is a widely used anabolic steroid due to the fact that it gives good results in terms of muscle mass gain and growth in strength and power. Therefore the main goal in therapy with methandrostenolone is to gain muscle mass and boost the physical performance. It helps achieve the enumerated goals in a short period of time. It is a drug that cannot be obtained without prescription. Prior to initiation of therapy with this drug consult a doctor and get the full information of the indications of use, risks, potential interaction with other drugs and other relevant details about taking methandrostenolone.
Methandrostenolone profile and dosage
As already mentioned above, methandrostenolone is a strong anabolic steroid with androgenic action that stimulates the increase in muscle mass, force and strength. It is an anabolic steroid available for oral administration as tablets. The expected results from the therapy with this drug are increase in weight of 1-2 kg per week which is considered normal for the first 6 weeks of usage. The dosage is generally prescribed by a healthcare provider and it may range between 2 to 10 pills per day. Some athletes get to take a dosage of 15-40 mg per day.
Initial dose for beginning athletes should not exceed 15-25 mg per day. Such a dose needs to be taken for a period of 8-10 weeks. There is possibility of decreasing the steroidal effects of methandrostenolone within this period of time. If this is the case, methandrostenolone may be used concurrently with other injectable steroid but it is not recommended to increase the dose.
Good results may be obtained with a dose of 20-30 mg per day combined with an additional dose of 200-400mg of nandrolone decanoate weekly.
Generally, the dose depends on the desired effects of the patient. But it causes water retention that is associated with great weight gain. Women should exercise caution to the use of methandrostenolone. It is recommended to use a lower dose than men. The usual dose in women is 10-20 mg per day.
Methandrostenolone has an active life of 6 to 8 hours with a half-life of around 3 to 4 hours. The patient may take a whole dose or divide the dose throughout the day. It is recommended by physicians due to the fact that a single daily dose of methandrostenolone causes fluctuations in blood level.
Patients need to follow the indications of use and dosage exactly as prescribed in order to avoid abuse and overdosage with it. Combine the usage of the drug with controlled physical force in order to decrease the incidence of malformations and other adverse events.
Possible side effects with methandrostenolone
Like most of medicines, methandrostenolone may cause side effects when used in prescribed doses. Even a moderate amount of methandrostenolone may cause extreme masculine features in women. Taking into consideration that it is a strong anabolic steroid it may cause the following adverse reactions:
• Stimulates production of estrogen which may result in development of female sexual features;
• Development of female breast in males, or so called gynecomastia;
• Loss of muscular mass;
• Water retention;
• Hair growth on body and face;
• Abnormal liver tests and liver damage. It is considered mostly frequent in patients taking methandrostenolone. It is an adverse event that cannot be avoided due to the fact that methandrostenolone is a strong anabolic steroid.
• Male pattern baldness;
• Decrease red blood cell production;
• Masculine effects in women (body hair, facial hair, deepening of the voice);
• Hypertension (high blood pressure);
Do not get alarmed by the list of the side effects enumerated above. Patients need to report about any side effects they experience during usage of methandrostenolone in order to better control the drug and decrease the doses if the symptoms are bothersome. If the incidence of side effects is higher, it is recommended to discontinue with the drug.
Overdosage with methandrostenolone
Methandrostenolone is an anabolic steroid that acts quickly and effectively on the body. Sometimes athletes and weightlifters will have the temptation to obtain the desired effects sooner and take higher doses of methandrostenolone. Like in case of many other medicines, there is possible overdosage with methandrostenolone. Taking into consideration the fact that this drug may be obtained only with prescription, the non-medical use is considered illegal and therefore is a form of abuse. If the user obtains the increase in muscular mass and strength faster than indicated, he/she needs to go to the nearest hospital and make the necessary laboratory studies and evaluate the efficiency and safety of the drug.
Important information about methandrostenolone
• In a large number of countries, anabolic steroids are prohibited. They may cause serious adverse events to the users.
• Methandrostenolone should be used for appropriate medical purposes and under close supervision of a healthcare provided in order to avoid abuse from it and eventual overdosage.
• Users that have an apparent hypersensitivity to it should avoid its usage. It may cause allergic reactions.
• Users should also take into account the fact that there is an increased incidence of losing weight constantly after discontinuation with the drug.
• Methandrostenolone is very toxic to the liver. Overweight the potential benefit with the potential harm from its usage.
• It is contraindicated in pregnant and nursing mothers due to serious side effects it may cause.
If you missed a dose of methandrostenolone
If you forgot to take a dose of methandrostenolone take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is already too late to take the missed dose, leave it and return to your usual dosing schedule. Do not take greater doses to make up for the skipped ones. And remember, missed doses decrease the effect of the drug. If you have any questions related to the missed dose of methandrostenolone contact a pharmacist.
It is recommended to keep methandrostenolone in a clean and dry place at the room temperature below 30 degrees C. Do not store the drug in the kitchen or in the bathroom near sink in order to avoid moisture. Keep the drug away from direct sunlight and heat. Do not use expired medicine. Look carefully at the expiry date on the bottom of the package. If you have any questions related to the disposal ways of the drug, contact a pharmacist.